BWO


My dedication is to my family and my faith.
This blog is updated when inspiration strikes and time is available.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Wanted to Save Babies

I wanted to save babies, when I first heard about the terror of the abortion industry and began joining pro-life causes. That was my focus. People are killing babies? Ok, we better save those babies. Slowly I started to realize that the mothers could use some help and prayers too, but I was really focused on the babies still. I realized that the people working in the abortion mills could use help and prayers too, but I sadly only gave them begrudging prayers. Then it hit me.

Babies have their lives taken from them through abortion, but the mothers risk loosing their souls for all of eternity. So do the abortion doctors and other workers, and fathers and family and other people who pressure the mother into making such a 'choice'. Though many mothers feel they have no choice, they may suffer so greatly after their abortion, in life or after life. Many people are uninformed of the devastation that advising someone to 'fix' their pregnancy 'problem' can cause, but there are also those people who know fully what their advice and pressure means and yet they continue. There are workers in abortion clinics who don't really know what goes on, but there are those who realize they are murdering for pay and yet they keep on.

While the victim of murder deserves our prayers, so much more prayer we must send up for the murderer. For the one who stood by and let it happen. For the one who paid the murderer to kill. For the one who saw it happen and said nothing. The victim is gone away from all suffering in life, and when the victim is an innocent baby we know they have gone to a better place than here. Left here on Earth are those who killed and were involved in the killing. The devil has his hands on the souls of these people, and so much more do they need our prayers and what help we can give. If they don't have a conversion of heart, they could spend eternity suffering for their 'choice'.

While I could never fully understand what brings a mother to such a position, I grieve at the hurt that must be felt by those women who understand the tragedy of their decision and mourn the baby they chose to kill. Such pain and loss I felt at the miscarriage of my first child must have been small compared to theirs. I only had the grief of a mother loosing her child. While that grief is not small, their grief is mixed with the terrifying knowledge that their 'choice' lead to their loss. They have the pain that no one else can ever feel, the pain of a mother knowing she has killed her own defenseless child. While I grieve for the pain they must feel, their understanding gives them the opportunity for reconciliation with God and the salvation of their souls, the mending of that holy relationship. I pray they take the forgiveness God offers them, the love and strength He gives that they surly need to carry on.

I still want to save babies. But I also want to save women. I want to save those women who have had abortions, to tell them I won't ever understand their hurt but there is hope for them, there is forgiveness. I want to save those women who have not had abortions, but are in difficult pregnancies and are scared and confused. Those women who feel they have no choice, no options. Those women who are about to be pushed into making the worst decision of their entire lives. I want to be there for them, however God sees fit for me to be there, be it physically or in prayer, be it a friendly smile or a life changing conversation. I also want to save abortionists. I want to reach their hearts somehow, help them see the blood that is on the money they love. I want to save fathers, who want only the convenience of sterile pleasure without the responsibility of children. I want to change our society, the way we think as a whole, so we can see what a treasure these little babies are, and what a dangerous thing it is to have their blood on our hands. Our women have been betrayed and lied to. Our society has been betrayed and lied to.

How do I make a change for the better? It will start with prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, let me know what comes to mind after reading. Feedback is very important to me.